Friday, May 30, 2008

Setting Aside The Time

After a great trip together in July 2005 down the coast from Portland, Oregon to Morro Bay, California (trip log and photos here: http://personalpages.tds.net/~ntog/mototrip2005.html), Vince and I had been looking for another opportunity for a longer journey. And that opportunity is now set to begin next Sunday, June 8, 2008.

In the intervening 3 years between these trips, Vince saw the arrival of his first child, a son - Kaden - born in October 2006 :

And I saw the arrival of my second grandchild -- first grandson - Eli -- born in April 2006! (Pictured here with first grandchild, Amelia, age 4):

In addition, Vince saw the arrival of a new motorcycle -- a 2007 Ducati Multistrada 1100S - like this one:

I'm still riding my big yellow "bus" -- a 2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800A -- which has an odometer reading just under 36000 miles -- all of which I have put on it in the past six years -- including three trips to California (one - all the way to the Mexico border).

Vince and I blocked off the two weeks between June 8 and 21st...and set a general goal of finding and riding as many top "motorcycle" roads that we can route ourselves on during those two weeks -- in whichever direction might allow us the most amount of dry roads. More on the plans in another posting.




No comments: